The Next Trip:
– 15 Day trip to Germany during March Break of 2018
– Hosted by German family in Ingolstadt, home of Audi, about half way between Munich and Nurnberg
– The German school will come to Vancouver May 10-24 of same year and be hosted by participating students.
– Participants should host their exchange partner, but if this is not possible, we will try to find an alternate host.
– See below for hosting information
– Trip cost will be around $2800, including all transport, Breakfasts and Dinners.
– Students will buy own lunches, and should count on about $150 in spending money
– We will be travelling with public transportation as much as possible.
– Size of the group will be a maximum of 16 students.
– Chaperones will be Mr.Mehl and another Female Staff member
Activities will include:
– 2-3 days at partner school
– Various sites in and around Ingolstadt, including Audi factory tour.
– Day / Overnight trips to Munich and Nurnberg, with emphasis on History and Culture.
– 4 Days at the end of the trip in Berlin.
– Activities co-ordinated by the school with German students in Canada in May (Weekends)
– Focus of the trip will be fine-tuned to match the interests of participants.
– Knowledge of German in NOT a requirement.
– Our first exchange was a great success. Students from both schools had a great time both travelling and hosting. We look forward to many more exchanges with Reuchlin Gymnasium.
– We will hold a Parent Information Session mid September, with an initial deposit due October 1st. First deposits will secure spaces.
– If you are interested in hosting a German or Japanese student, you can earn credit towards the cost of the next exchange trip
3 Month Exchange
DETAILS & Schedules:
For Your Reference:
German Activity Choices [Scoop.it site]
Vancouver Activity Choices [Scoop.it site] Send me links if you have more ideas
Blog created by Reuchlin during our last trip: [ Reuchlin Blog ]
We also have a Japan Exchange Program!
See the Menu Tab
Come and see me in Room 149 any morning or at lunch if you have questions.
You can also e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org