Exchange Trip Basics:
– 15 Day trip to Germany during March Break of 2020 (Last trip was March 2018)
– Hosted by German family in Ingolstadt, home of Audi, about half way between Munich and Nurnberg
– The German school will come to Vancouver May of same year and be hosted by participating students.
– Participants should host their exchange partner, but if this is not possible, we will try to find an alternate host.
– See below for hosting information
– Trip cost will be around $3200, including all transport, Breakfasts and Dinners.
– Students will buy own lunches, and should count on about $150 in spending money
– We will be travelling with public transportation as much as possible.
– Size of the group will be a maximum of 20 students.
– Chaperones will be Mr.Mehl plus a female staff member (TBD) from Kits
Activities will include:
– 4 Days in Berlin
– 2+ Days in Nuernberg
– 2-3 days at partner school
– Various sites in and around Ingolstadt, including Audi factory tour.
– Overnight trip to Munich.
– Emphasis of the trip will be on History and Culture.
– Activities coordinated by the school with German students in Canada in May (Weekends)
- Focus of the trip will be fine-tuned to match the interests of participants.
- Knowledge of German in NOT a requirement.
- This will be the third time we are doing this trip with our exchange partner, and the last exchange in 2018 was a great success. Mr.Mehl has been taking students to Japan for 10+ years and has extensive experience organizing such trips, plus his first language is German and his Hometown is Nürnberg, so he is very familiar with this destination.
- We will hold Parent Information Sessions in the spring and mid-September, with initial deposits of $400 holding spaces. Other payments will start October 1st.
- You should be able to host a student in May, and if you are able to host a Japanese student in March, you can earn credit towards the cost of the trip
3 Month Exchange
SIGN-UP & Schedules: (Opens Feb 1st)
Sample Itineray: 2018Schedule.pdf
To sign up, complete the questionnaire at: surveymonkey.com/r/exchangesignup
You can sign up without paying a deposit, but to secure your space, drop off a $400 deposit with Mr. Mehl.
For Your Reference:
German Activity Choices [Scoop.it site]
Vancouver Activity Choices [Scoop.it site] Send me links if you have more ideas
Blog created by Reuchlin during our first trip: [ Reuchlin Blog ]
We also have a Japan Exchange Program!
See the Menu Tab
Come and see me in Room 149 any morning or at lunch if you have questions.
You can also e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org